Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Doll's House

Hey. My name is Nick Kovach, I play soccer for BHS and a club team named Arsenal. I love English class, and i always have. So far this year I have enjoyed the concentration in the class. On to Henrik Ibsen !
         Henrik Ibsen was born on March 20, 1828, in Skien, Norway. He was the oldest of 5 children to Knud and Marichen Ibsen.  At age 8 years old the family became poverty stricken when his father's business had failed. Soon after the family sold all there things and moved to a small farm outside of town. There Henrik spent a lot of his time getting into magic and reading. When Henrik was 15 he left school and started work as a apprentice in a apothecary for 6 years. Using his spare time, he enjoyed writing poetry and painting. Then in 1849 he wrote his first play Catilina.
          In  1862 after writing "Loves Comdey" he settled in Italy for a time where he wrote another play brand which made him famous in Scandanavia. This launched his career greatly. After when he wrote "A Dolls House" in 1879 he became more well known to the world. Later in his years he set way back to  Norway. This home was the place in the 1900`s suffering series of strokes until his death 1906. I think his work "A Dolls House" was suppose to relate back to his childhood when he was still trying to work out what he was gonna be in this life.



http://www.biography.com/people/henrik-ibsen-37014?page=2

No comments:

Post a Comment